Bought a new skid steer

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Stick Pro, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Stick Pro

Stick Pro LawnSite Senior Member

We went and purchased a 262d this week. Our old 863 is getting closer to retirement, so it was time to add some new iron. So far really like this machine, she is quiet inside compared to my 299. It has plenty of power, we have not used the high flow yet. But really impressed. I will keep you guys informed on how she does.

image.jpg

2. Stick Pro

Got another one

image.jpg

3. Stick Pro

Another one.

image.jpg

4. Stick Pro

The last one.

image.jpg

5. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Nice
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

very nice.
    How do you like the visibility and overall improvements over the C series?

7. Stick Pro

The visibility out the front has improved over the C series, in my opinion. This unit has the back up camera, that greatly improved the rear visibility. I wish my 299d had the camera option, one down fall when you are working in the dust by the end of the day the camera starts to become blurry. They improved on the quick tach from the desing on my 299d. Time will tell if it helped it, they could not get any worse though, we grease our pins on the quick coupler every morning and by the end of the day they are sticking again, I only change the bucket a couple time a day. I like how the aux hyd locks on after a few seconds of holding it, no more havein to hit the button on the other stick. She is quiet in the cab, they are goin to instal the blue tooth radio next week we will see how good the blue tooth works. Counter weights are on the way also, I fell she is a bit light in the ass end when I have the big bucket on her. So far so good.

8. Nico963

Nico963 LawnSite Member

I used to hate the Cat's.Now with the D series out thats all I want.

Congrats on the skid! :drinkup:

9. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Seems like everyone wants a Cat, considering all the smack talk on other forums from Case/NH/Bobcat owners from factory glitches and poor designs.

10. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

I spent quite a bit of time on a new 259D we had at work. I was rather impressed with the speed of the machine and the speed of the controls. It also pushed great, but I was only pushing up sand. And with the cute buckets cat puts on, it was expected.

My biggest complaint was once you drove into a pile, you had back up ever so slightly before it would pick the boom up or curl the bucket.. It wasn't a big deal, I just feel like that it should have had more power in that department.
    Posted via Mobile Device