Bought a new toy today!

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by scagrider22, Aug 23, 2012.

1. scagrider22

scagrider22 LawnSite Bronze Member

Is yours also a u55? I have not been able to find much info on this machine.

I ended up buying the kubota buckets, coupler and thumb. If I bought 2 or more buckets and a thumb from kubota they threw in the coupler for free ($800-900).
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

yes my machine is a u55. I have NYE 36" digging and 24" digging buckets. Machine also has a nye thumb, and a wedge coupler. I believe these machines where just introduced as 2011 models so they are fairly new.

3. T Scapes

T Scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

hows the machine been treating you ive been thinking about a kubota U55 next year im trying to get a demo next year on one of my hardscaping jobs

4. scagrider22

It's been great, I have about a 100 hours on it now and it is much more productive than my 331 bobcat. If you want more reach and don't care about the tail swing then I would go with the o57, I went with the u55 because I need to get in tight spaces. I also liked the new bobcats but the financing was not as good.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. T Scapes

T Scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

i like having minimal tail swing. I looked at bobcats but the dealer is just to far kubota is 10 minutes down the road

6. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

how does it do with the 36 digging bucket? I think Im going to get a 30" geith bucket for my 161

7. AEL

My machine handles the 36" bucket no problem, heaped full of dirt . Love my machine , I have just over 400 hours noe
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. scagrider22

I didnt get a 36" yet, Im probably going to wait until spring to get it. The only buckets I have now are 24" digging and a 48" grading, the grading bucket is pretty deep and it handles it just fine.

9. AEL

Next attachment for mine is going to be a rototilt. Same as a twist wrist plus it spins 360 degrees , has a built in quick coupler as well.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

what does a rotatilt go for?