1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bought a new trimmer today, among other things

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KS_Grasscutter, Jul 24, 2007.

1. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

God, I am getting dang good at spending money. The other day I demo'ed a 42" Walker, that is now mine (well, basically, just have to sign the papers at the bank and get the check over to the dealer). As if spending $4850 on a mower I dont need wasn't enough, I solved my trimmer problem today (the problem being that I hate my almost new Kawasaki KTR27A). Went to my dealer that sells Echo and picked up a new SRM251E...for $230. I guess they are running some kind of promotion now, that they are pretty cheap. Haven't hardly used it at all yet, will figure out Thursday whether I like it or not lol.

Will get pics of the Walker and trimmer tomorrow.

Also fixed the AC in my work truck today (well, I didnt, a neighbor of a friend fixed it while I watched:laugh: ). SOOO nice having that working now. All it needed was lots of freon.
  2. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Should of got a srm261t. Loads of torque. I might be getting one soon.
  3. pclawncare

pclawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I know you will like that walker. I try to avoid dealers as much as possible every time i go in there i always seem to find something i THINK i need. The walkers are really nice though super machine. You will want the height adjuster after you pull those pins for a week or two or like me a whole year. Also i think you made a good decision going for the MC vs the MT the mc will have enough power for a 42in deck and has much lower hours on it.
  4. bare spot

bare spot LawnSite Bronze Member

what's up with the trimmer, heard the kaw. was goog trimmer or was it something else?
  5. Kid With A Mower

Kid With A Mower LawnSite Member

Echos are great, the 251 will have plenty of power. I have a 210 an I clear 3 foot weeds with no problem. Good luck with it.
  6. KS_Grasscutter

There is NO money left for a height adjuster this year:laugh: :laugh: . Probably get one next spring. May get a dethatcher for it though before fall. I REALLY like it so far, by far the best mower I have owned.
  7. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Curious, why do you hate your kawi trimmer?
  8. cutbetterthanyou

cutbetterthanyou LawnSite Bronze Member

Just curious is the walker new for 4850 because here they want 6000 for the mower with a 13 hp on it. Is the motor a 13 on yours? I also just switched back to echo. So far so good, no problems, and plenty of power with the 261.
  9. KS_Grasscutter

The head is the biggest clusterf**k ever made, and it will NOT start in the heat (because it either has to start at idle or no choke, because the throttle shuts off the choke). Used the Echo today...it is WAY better IMO
    No, it is a used (almost new though, only had 300 hrs) model C which has the 18hp Kohler.
  10. pclawncare

pclawncare LawnSite Senior Member

How about the new walker did you use it today?