Bought A new X one

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by Landscape Poet, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Thanks Man. I got your number still but had not heard anything out of you in awhile. I will give you a buzz when things finally slow down.

2. CkLandscapingOrlando

CkLandscapingOrlando LawnSite Senior Member

Not hearing from me is good. Means I'm hot and busy. Sod jobs every week it seems. Not big but steady. Now that the crap has slowed, I'm in the mood to talk about the crap.

3. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

$ 175 for just 20 K of mowing area seems very high to me ... where are you located ??

4. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

For one time, yes it would be high. He's talking about $175 a month.

5. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

I have seen hustlers cut on SA and I really like it. I have a friend that's been in this business forever, he has used almost every brand out there and for the past 10 years its only been hustler for him. I'm strongly considering one of those as apposed to another Toro.

6. Hustler does leave a nice cut, easy to drive, and the deck goes up way higher than my zmaster. I'm actually selling my toro and buying another stander(42, RH, 20hp) in November.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Landscape Poet

Cut height is huge - can get to 5 1/4 on nice lawns and leave it flawless. The largest factor that I enjoy about the hustlers I have had is the speed. This one goes 12-13 mph. On large lawns with the HP I have in relation to deck size I have not had a issue with cutting at high rates of speed and leaving a good cut.
    My production has increased to save me a large amount of time on several days this past week compared to the Ferris that I was using prior as the primary mower.

8. Landscape Poet

I just wanted to ad that anyone who has tried Hustler in the past but has not tried the VX4 deck should do so. I think you will enjoy it on our turfs.

9. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

I only run mulching mowers. With that speed are you mulching or discharging on that deck?

10. Chevy z71

Chevy z71 LawnSite Fanatic

How munch did it cost if you don't mind me asking cause i have been wanting to compare this to the scag tiger cat.