Bought a Ram 2500 Cummins today....

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by LawnScapers of Dayton, May 15, 2006.

1. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I bought this today......it is an 05 with the Cummins, <21,000 miles and showroom clean.... This is a dealer pic.....I didn't have time to take my own yet....

new ride.jpg

2. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Nice truck.....Gonna plow with it? That cummins should be awasome for plowing with the low end torque.

3. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

yep......I plan on putting a 8' on it. Either a Snoway or a Hiniker C plow.....

Derek

4. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Nice rig ya got there. Hope you got a good deal on it as well!

5. MysticLandscape

MysticLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Now for the question that everyone wants to know, how bad did it hurt your pocket?

6. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

Yes I am curious too. Did you get the shortbed as pictured or a long bed? I am having trouble finding a longbed quad-cab. I have two clients that own Dodge dealerships and I have been bouncing between the two checking for a longbed quadcab. I may have to break down and just buy new.

7. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Wish that's what I would have bought instead of my P.O.S. Ford F250 PSD.:hammerhead:

8. montana jack

montana jack LawnSite Member
    from montana

Congrats on the new truck. If I were in the market for a cummins & think I'd rather buy one of the current models than the new 6.7 their changing to next year. The current models have a good rep which I'd prefer over an unknown.

9. rklawnmowing

rklawnmowing LawnSite Member

i can anyone who wants to know a new dodge ram 2500 with a cummins is gonna cost anywhere from 45k-60k depending on where you live ,and what options you get. a used one with 21,000 miles should go for about 35,000 from the dealer,maybe close to 40k

10. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I'm trying to choose between two 2500, quad cab, turbo diesel, long bed Dodges Truck one is an 04 with the Laramie package, 24-k miles and 26,800. The other is new 06 with the same cab and engine but the basic package cloth seats etc. both are automatic. 30-K for the new one. Both are at dealerships both dealers are clients of mine. Hmmm......