1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bought A STIHL FS 110 Today!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DSLND, Jul 11, 2007.

1. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

Well my old FS 55 decided to basically lock up on me today. So i got down to my dealer and bought me a STIHL FS 110. Same engine as my edger and the four mix engine which i will never replace. Its a great trimmer and should last a while. I paid $350 for it. -Mitch-
  2. hartmas

hartmas LawnSite Member

This is a nice trimmer, I have 3 of them. Good luck.
  3. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

I have the next size up the fs130 ... tons of power lots of torque and reall smooth running.
  4. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

I have 2 of them. One has LOTS of hours on it and is still running like new. They are great machines.
  5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Do any of you guys run with guard off.....can this unit pull 20" of cord? I have been wanting to do a demo? Big complaint on lawn site...no acceleration on the unit, is that true?
  6. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the replys! I used the trimmer today, all afternoon and i say, this machine will never get replaced. Easy to start, quieter, and just plain amazing! -Mitch-
  7. inHaliburton

inHaliburton LawnSite Member

I've gone through the gamit of Stihl trimmers and have worn them all out. Have been using the FS-250 for about 3 or 4 years without a hitch. I love the full harness and the handlebars which make is easy to do wide sweeps or arcs, as well as normal trimming. Very powerful.

I use it without the guard, but always wear safety glasses and earmuffs. Tough on the shins.