Bought a Stihl hand held at a Pawn shop today.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowinforaliving, Feb 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mowinforaliving

Mowinforaliving LawnSite Bronze Member

Since it was raining today, my wife and I decided to take a drive and ended up in Stillwater, OK. We stopped at a pawn shop to kill some time and I saw this Stihl BG-85 sitting there on the shelf. This thing is like brand new and they were asking $139.99 for it. I took it outside and it fired up on the 3rd pull and blew hard so I bought it. I think it'll make a good back up. These things are good for blowing off the trailer floor, garage, etc... Tell me what you think.

sthil handheld.jpg

stihl blower.jpg

stihl hand blower.jpg

2. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

Hopefully it wasnt stolen....I'd probably pick one up at that price though too, looks like it hasnt seen alot of use.

3. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

looks good...but i just bought a new Ech Pb-251 for $150.00 shipped

4. Mowinforaliving

Mowinforaliving LawnSite Bronze Member

Is that 251 a new model? This Stihl has the opening door for the vac attachment. How well do they work? (the vac)

5. luckydooley

luckydooley LawnSite Senior Member

Sweet! I just picked up a new one with vac bag. way more than you paid. Havent had a chance to try the bag yet.

6. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

yes it is the new model...and i have a shred and vac but they have no power at all...so i don't use it much

7. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Stihl BG85 is an excellent hand-held blower. This one looks in great shape on the outside -- one never knows what it looks like inside. I wonder why it showed up on a pawn shop. It is unlikely that a homeowner would have bought this blower, rather more likely it came from a commercial operator.

8. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

I'd guess somebody had this blower and might have had others so when they got short on cash, they pawned it for the needed money.

9. customcurbdesigns

customcurbdesigns LawnSite Member
    from Tampa

Nice find.

they were asking 139, did you pay there asking price or negotiate?

10. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i paid way more than that for mine. i hear its the best handheld you can get.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.