Bought a Stihl weedeater today - 110

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn-Scapes, Jul 15, 2004.

1. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

The end of the day I was on my way home and decided to stop and get some grease for the mowers. Glanced over at the trimmers and asked the sales guy to unlock the Stihl 110. It felt good in my hands... so I bought it. Thing is I don't know much about it.. It was just an impulse buy because my Redmax has been such a pain in the azz to start....

From what the sales guy decribed... It's a bad azz piece of equip...

Is it?
  2. perfectlawncare

perfectlawncare LawnSite Member

I have a 110! Heavy as ****. Great power. Just too heavy for a long day of trimming.

3. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Love the 110. Gobs of power at low rpm's. Much easier to start than the 85's and not much heavier. You will love it.
  4. nriddle77

nriddle77 LawnSite Senior Member

I bought the KM110 today too. It seems really heavy for all day use, but I like the versatility of the different attachments.
  5. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

I bought the FS110.. Is the KM110 a split shaft?

It didn't feel any heavier than the Redmax to me. It sure does sound different though.. like a gocart or something.

I just wanted to find out if this engine was a good performer and has proven itself.

Does it use more, less or the same amount of fuel as a 2 cycle?
  6. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Ours seem to use about the same amount of fuel. O don't have any problems with the weight running it all day. They're not that much heavier than the 85's we run, and we take the guards off.
  7. its one bad ass trimmer far as its weight never ceases to amaze me people worried about trimmer weight .
  8. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

My 110 has been hard to start lately, that's my only complaint. Great power and smooth running. I had the valves adjusted but it's still tough to get started. How many pumps of the primer are required and how many pulls with the choke on? This is starting to piss me off when this thing is only 2 months old and my 3 year old FS 85 starts on 3 pulls. Thanks guys.
  9. protouchlawn

protouchlawn LawnSite Member

I aree 100% with Odin. Mine seem to have gotten better on the fuel consumption over the last week or two. I have the stick edger too, and it is out of this world as far as the torque. I love 'em!!!
  10. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I agree with both statements.