Bought a trailer the other day

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by BeautifulBlooms, Nov 16, 2006.

1. BeautifulBlooms

BeautifulBlooms LawnSite Senior Member

It came with the lawn mower I purchased so I wasnt going to argue about taking it. I cant see a model # or a brand name or anythign on it. Which probably means no serial #. Is there anyway I can figure this out, it looks nice so it was almost definitely made by someone int he business not just a homeowner welding metal scraps together.

I also need to know how can I get this licensed? My wife had purchased a trailer from a family friend and the DMV of WI told her if it didnt have a VHIN # or serial # it could not be licensed. Will I be in big trouble if I use it to haul around my mower? So do I need to go out and purchase a big trailer to tow this mower around now?
  2. stroker51

stroker51 LawnSite Senior Member

I know in Kansas in a situation like that you just have to apply for a home-built title. Maybe it's the same for you? It'd be worth looking into.
  3. BeautifulBlooms

BeautifulBlooms LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks I was wondeting if anyone had come across this situation before.
  4. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

tell the DMV or whoever that it is an assembled trailer and they shouldnt give you any problems
  5. Tadams

Tadams LawnSite Senior Member

In GA all you have to do is tell them that you built the trailer and it's worth about a hundred bucks. they will give you a small plate with the vin # or serial # for the trailter and the tag. I would think that it would be the same in your state.