Bought a used 16' Trailer

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by RedMax Man, Mar 15, 2008.

1. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Yes thats my plan.
    So are saying yours hasn't been reliable?
    Nah a trailer like this would cost more that that new here. My buddy bought a used 18' Big Tex trailer for $2600 last spring. This was the best deal i could find in my area and have a trailer that can be used tomorrow not drag it home and fix a bunch of things. Trailers cost more in the northeast because we aren't close to where most are manufactured in Texas and the midwest.
    Thanks, i've been told by other local guys that i got a good deal. I didn't steal it but i also didn't lose my shirt.
  2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

yea, dont leave a regular sized toolbox on the trailer, when you try to back up in a really tight area, it dents your truck pretty good.
  3. pj550v12

pj550v12 LawnSite Senior Member

Welds are extremely poor quality, almost all the welds on the latch stystem for the gates have broken and had to be beefed up. The wiring had to be redone last year, not quite sure why it ever broke, cant say its definetely the fault of the trailer, but it definetely not the fault of the users. Brakes have held up well, and it pulls straight, recently the hub bearing mysteriously worked itself loose so we had to take it apart and tighten it. Overall I'd rate the trailer a 6 out of 10, not the worst but not the best, oh and the trailer is maybe around 2 years old. If you're just holding onto it for now until you get an enclosed you'll probobly be fine, I actually plan on getting an enclosed this year too. But yeah, it wont be a carry-on. Best of luck with it this upcoming season.
  4. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Man I hope the weather gets better for you over there. It looks cold and grey. Over here we got sun and warm weather!
  5. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

nice trailer, youll get good use out of it......i like the toolbox in the truck too
  6. AndyTblc

AndyTblc LawnSite Fanatic

When are you putting new letters on your truck?
  7. RedMax Man

I've heard the same thing about the other trailer i have yet i havent had any problems with mine. Truth of the matter is there are so many brands and many of them aren't all that great. I appreciate the heads up and will be careful. I don't run large heavy ZTR's, just a Walker, midsize walkbehind and maybe Stander and i'm the only one who will be pulling the trailer. As of now everything works on it and i plan on just having it until i upgrade to an enclosed trailer.Thanks.
    Yeah we still got some time till all the snow melts and things dry out.
    Thanks. I'm not keeping the box in the truck, just wanted to see how it looked on it. My dump insert will be going back in soon.
    I will get it lettered in the near future, hopefully in the next month or so. However i'm going to do very little lettering on the truck. I'm go to put fullsize lettered signs on the dump insert sideboards.
  8. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Micah- if you decide to sell that toolbox let me know. I need a tool box for my new trailer.

Thanks man
  9. RedMax Man

Some recent pictures from today. I'm going to paint the trailer soon and replace all the lights with LED's.

10. RedMax Man

Now i bet most of you are staring have into the background drooling over that International. Thats my buddy's dirty truck but a got a few shots of it too:cool2: His other truck and trailer.:) Don't call him and tell him i got pics of his stuff;)