Bought a Used 44" Toro

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by windsory, Aug 8, 2007.

1. windsory

windsory LawnSite Member

I bought a used 44" Toro yesterday. It's a 2002 or a 2001 with only 247 hours on it, as it was purchassed from a homeowner who used it to cut his two acres. I got it for $2600, a good deal in my opinion. I included a picture of her hooked up to my custom 4x6 trailer. I'm 15 and can't drive so I got to get around somehow.

44toro.jpg

toro44.jpg

with trailer.jpg

44toro.jpg

toro44.jpg

with trailer.jpg

2. Mr Priceless

Mr Priceless LawnSite Senior Member

Nice rig and congratulations on the purchase! What type of engine/ How does it cut? Speed? etc

3. windsory

windsory LawnSite Member

It has a 17hp Kawasaki. I really wanted one with a 19hp but had no luck and this one was only 30 minutes from my house and in very good shape. So far I have had no problems with the engine bogging down. But, then again, I have had it for less than 24 hours and only put 4 hours on it.

The lawns I did today were fertilized and irrigated and the cut was amazing, just as good as my old walker. I had concerns about the SFS deck on this but so far the discharge has been satisfactory and I have had no problems with clumping.

4. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

Nice buy, you stole it for that price. I like the trailer as well.

5. GroundEffects125

GroundEffects125 LawnSite Senior Member

very nice i got a 44 exmark for 3000 if u want it u cant have to many!

6. Capemay Eagle

Capemay Eagle LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey you think you could jump on the Parkway south and head down to Capemay and do my yard..LOL..

Congrats, it good to see a young man working hard and running his own buisness. Good luck on the mower, it looks sharp.

7. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Dude you will like that mower, I know cuz I got that exact same one only with a 19hp. Mine is a 2005 but pretty much the same. Oh and I paid $7500 new so yeah judging by the low hrs and condition its in I would say you got a heck of a deal.

toro4419.jpg

8. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

You paid 7500 for a 44" ZTR???

9. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

you can buy a 48in commercial Toro Z starting at a little over 5K

10. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

yeah prices are crazy around here. But we can get trailers for next to nothing down south. I guess it all depends on where you live.