1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bought a used Scag Turf Tiger only 38hrs.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 89formula, Sep 24, 2006.

1. 89formula

89formula LawnSite Member

Hi, everyone I'm new to this site and so far it seems like a really great site with a lot of information. I owned a lawn business and we had a 61" turf tiger with the 29hp DFI Kawi and it was great. But due to a bad partnership I no longer have the business or the mower. But I recently bought a new house and it has a 2 acre lawn so I wanted to buy another commercial mower. There wasn't much arount for sale except a couple 22hp turf tigers with about 1600 hours on them for about $4000 each. I think they where over priced. But I found a 2004 Turf tiger with 61" advantage deck and a 27hp kohler with only 38 hours on it. I got the mower for $6000. I think it was a good deal, I had to travel about a 100 miles for it. But i think it was worth it. What do you guys think?
  2. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I guess it's a good deal but, your post is in the running for "sticky" about partnerships!!!
    Every year, tons of people ask about "partners".