Bought a verticutter today

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by Florida Gardener, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Bluebird from HD tool rental. $394. Looks barely used, has the Honda 5.5hp motor. The guy here said in the 8 months he's been there, it was rented one time. Brand new they are around $1500-$1700 or so. Next purchase is topdresser.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Yep, the verticutter that I rent - I am the only person who has ever rented it so I do not doubt it. Two years ago the local HD had a sod cutter for $700 with 8 hours on it, just got new ones in to rent and were told to sell the old. Amazing the deals you can pick up at the rental stores from time to time.

3. Wow, $700 is freaking amazing....yea, the place that does my reels told me to look at HD for the verticutter and low and behold the one by me had it and for sale.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

Is this a S22 slice seeder that can be used as a verticutter? Looking at Bluebird's website it doesn't show a dedicated verticutter.

5. No, the 18 and it has the Verticutting blades.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

I am not sure about the blue bird but on the billy goat - the verticutter and slit seeder blades are identical except the spacing is not nearly close on the blades for the verticutter, and my impression is that they can be moved or changed.

7. The seeder and verticutter for the bluebird are 2 different machines....
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

Since you are in Florida I assume you are verti cutting St Aug? If so when do you do this and how do you go about it?

9. Moreso sports turf...but it should be done during active growing season.
    Posted via Mobile Device