Bought a wright stander X Terrible cut quality!!!! Need help

Discussion in 'Wright Manufacturing, Inc. (Archived)' started by S man, Jan 13, 2013.

1. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

I'll try that first, if it doesn't improve I would like a rep to come see it in action.

2. S man

well I guess I can't use the flat blades for some time because my dealer takes off for quite a while and can't get service or parts until feb sometime. Great dealer

3. S man

Update..... Its cutting better since I took the rubber stripper off, properly inflated the tires, and have the right blade/spacer combo. Rpms need to be higher and the deck pitch is still a little off.

4. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

wanna sell it?

5. STATEMENTLAWNCARE

STATEMENTLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

In order to run a flat blade, you need to get longer blade shafts and 2 washers for proper blade height. The stock blades that come on the X's are junk. Try using a scag high lift or scag standard blade(that's what I use). Also make sure your deck has the proper pitch (1/4 inch lower in front). I have the same mower as you and had the same problems when I first purchased it. Now that it's set up properly I wouldn't trade it for ANY other stander! Good Luck

6. kawakx125

kawakx125 LawnSite Bronze Member

mine cuts beautifully after switching to scag 482788 blades and removing the front baffle

7. TURFSMURF

TURFSMURF LawnSite Member

If you are cutting Bahia grass. Slow down....

8. THG

THG LawnSite Member

In order to run flat blades, can someone advise exactly what size bolt / shaft is needed and spacers and more importantly where to buy them? Part numbers would be extremely helpful especially if Wright has the parts that would allow this?
    Thanks,
    THG

9. WrightCommercial

WrightCommercial Inactive

THG,

If your mower has a 10" blade bolt and three 1/4" blade washers in between the blade and the spindle and three on top of the spindle you will just need to change the blades and move two of the spacers from the top of the spindle down to the bottom. The blade bolt is part number 11990014 and the spacers are 13990007.

Best Regards
    Wright Mfg.

10. THG

THG LawnSite Member

Dear Wright,
    I have the Stander X in 52" so can you confirm that the 10" blade bolt is what I have?
    I actually have great performance with the stock blades but just thought I would keep this information available in the event I ever wanted to try different blades.