Bought an '07 Mini z 36..

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by richonsa, Apr 26, 2008.

1. richonsa

richonsa LawnSite Member
    from georgia

and I thought I was getting something with a commercial type drive system. Now, I find these threads and I realize that I did not really buy a commercial type mower after all. It is really a residential unit with a Kaw. engine.

In any case, the mower mows well. I have a 1/2 acre to mow and it is pretty open with few trees. I am hoping I bought a decent mower. I paid 1K more for it over the mini fastrak 36. I gave $4,200 for it. They had a Mini Z 52" for $5,600. Perhaps I should have bought that one instead. I used a landscaper that showed up with a Mini Z 36 and he really likes the mower. So I figured I would buy one and be able to cut me lawn with a commercial rig that would last. The two year warranty thing really bothers me. I could have bought the fastrak 44 for $4,300 and it has a 4 year warranty. Did I goof up by getting this Mini Z 36?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

You did not goof up.
    You bought a commercial mower with a commercial drive system with a commercial warranty.
    We sell tons of the 36 Mini Z / FasTrak SD, and they are great mowers, used in commercial applications they are doing great.
    Guys are buying these to replace 36" walk behinds to do gated properties more efficiently, they are used daily in 8 hour work type days.
    I would not have any concerns.