bought another mower 07 Ferris is1500z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

I was originally going to get the 44"/19hp but although this will be a backyard/through the fences small machine, the 44" just seemed small to the point that id ONLY use it on small areas and in back yards in developments and such. the 4" isnt that much difference but at least it seems like a normal deck.

I got the 48" Deck and 21hp motor, the kawasaki was the only thing offered on it.

Ferris has a deal now for 0% for 36mo. on all is500z entry level 8mph/44"/24hp briggs model and is1500z with 10mph/44-48-52"/19-21-23hp models.

Should be in sometime next week. Itll be nice having a smaller machine than my 61" deck and so next spring i can get a 3100z with the 72" deck & 32hp briggs vangaurd.
  2. DJL50

DJL50 LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like a good unit. How much are they selling for?
  3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

4. Ramairfreak98ss

$6,199 i think, dont have my paperwork for it.. yet :) Im getting the striping kit so that may add a hair.
  5. Ramairfreak98ss

6. craglawnmanor

craglawnmanor LawnSite Member

Mower looks very nice!! Nice group of pics in your album.

How well does the deck height adjustment work?
    Please keep us informed with how the 1500z performs. It's on my short list for a new ztr next season. :)
  7. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Nice mower, but they used a small back wheel/tire on there looks weird to me. However I don't think that really makes a difference. How do you like the suspension?
  8. PBinWA

PBinWA LawnSite Member

Looks good!

Here's it's cousin, I just got it two weeks ago - I bet they shared the assembly line together.

I have the mulch kit and put gator blades on it but I've been getting some thin lines. I'm putting the stock blades back on today and will see how that goes.

As I posted previously, I found it a little light in the front end but that may just be because I'm NOT light in the backend!:laugh:

9. Ramairfreak98ss

Yeah looking at the guys picture below your post, his sidewall thickness does look larger. My 1000z sidewall is similar to the is1500z though so its not any smaller in person. Ill get my tire size dimensions and post them up here.

Suspension is nice, its different on a "little" machine, since my 1000z feels huge/wide compared to this "go cart" but the suspension helps some with the bumps, i definitely can go faster over the bumps where the 1000z's back wheels would go right into a big hole and almost throw me off the machine. Its not a "Cadillac" ride in any means but yeah it works.
  10. Ramairfreak98ss

South florida, i probably have my tire picture posted up on webshots, but its a Carlisle 22x11.00-10" Tire.

PBinWA, is your tire the same? Yours does look a little different in your picture, could be the angle.

I have the same mulch kit on my 1000z 61" deck, and yeah it leaves lines, if the lawns are thick at ALL, i have to go back with the backpack blower and blow out every line the mower made :(, but there is no grass left over then visible.

I ran your same setup on my 1000z too, first went to gator blades, helped chop up the grass discharging, then added the mulch kit and it made a big mess, kept it chopping too much and hurt performance/fuel too. Id use high lift blades only with the mulching kit and gators side discharging if you can.

Does your 1500z mulch kit have the discharge chute baffle AND blockoff plate? Try Taking that on and off a few times a day, my 1000z has no end baffle now, because it takes 10+ minutes to remove and reinstall it and its a real SOB, so i just throw on the block off plate but i get bigger lines in the lawns when done because of this. Yet with the baffle, it would leave a small line anyway so doesnt matter to me how much grass i blow around, if i have to do it i have to do it anyway.