1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bought another Redmax 8000. Where is it's competition?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CharlieBingo, Aug 18, 2005.

1. CharlieBingo

CharlieBingo LawnSite Senior Member

Great blower no doubt, but I like to see some competition? Where are the challengers? Echo, Shindaiwa, Tanaka, Stihl? Every champ should defend it's title once in a while! Buying a backback today was a no brainer.
  2. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

Yes, it seems that it is a no brainer, I just wish I had known the power of Redmax a few years ago when I bought my 2 stihls. Years back, I believe that stihl was the backpack to have, it is all I ever used growing up. Now, they look like toys compared to Redmax. They are great machines, but have lost their luster compared to the present day power.
  3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

The challenger is the new Stihl BR600. Better numbers than the 8000.
  4. TomB

TomB LawnSite Member

What are those numbers? Everything I have seen they are still not close to the RedMAx.
  5. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

My redmax just came today via fedex. Great blower.
  6. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

shindaiwa has a new one that I thought was going to be coming out this fall. I heard the engine might be like an 80cc or so but I am not sure. There will always be something newer and more powerful. Seems like each year there is something new. I do have the redmax 8000 and it is an awesome blower so is the shindaiwa eb630.
  7. dcplace2004

dcplace2004 LawnSite Senior Member

is it that much more? No. But the stihl has a conductor wire for anti-shock from static elec, is lighter, is quieter, is contoured, important components are hidden..etc, etc....is the redmax 8000 nice?...yes it is...it is a powerful mo fo also...both units are very nice...so, it may be a coin toss and personal pref...

GREEN GOLD LawnSite Member

I Have 8000 Remax Bought It Last Year. Work Great Fora Back Blower. But I Got Outdone When The Yard I Was Working Had Wall Of Leaves 5 Ft Tall 1/2 Acre Wide. Had To Usea 180 Pound Billy Goat Type Blower That Wheel To Move This Wall. Neverless It It Took A Wile To Finally Get That Wall Cleared And Moved
  9. Nathan 281

Nathan 281 LawnSite Member
    from MN

Redmax says 943 cfm is that at the tube? is Stihl or Redmax stronger
  10. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Has anyone ever read the owners manual for the 8000? The 943 number is without the pipe. it says in the manual "w/std pipe 688cfm" then under it is the 943 without pipe....

hmmmm no one else has ever seen that part?