bought another truck

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by rookiemower, Jul 30, 2007.

1. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

i bought a 97' F-350 powerstroke. i think it will need a trans within a year:cry: but i could not stand the stock bumper, so i made a new one. i like the truck and i might make it into a light duty flat-bed dump:weightlifter:

P1010126.jpg

P1010125.jpg

2. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

looks nice, i would have put some backup lights in the bumper so they are protected

3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Nice truck man! And that bumper is awesome!!! I'm no "Ford man" but I will say this, they are great work trucks. I believe they have the best (heaviest) suspensions out there for hauling loads. ( I know that Dodge is the worst, and chevy is next...)

How many miles on it?

4. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member

5. stroker51

stroker51 LawnSite Senior Member

You'll love that powerstroke, I had a 97 just like that, but it had a 5 speed, was a 4x4 and flatbed, but same color and everything, it was a great truck, but I needed a dump so I sold it to buy my FSuperduty. If you don't need a "built" tranny, like, if you don't tow a lot of heavy loads everyday, I know you can buy a new Ford E4OD auto for those trucks for around $2K from the dealership, my cousin just put one in his '97. I know a basic rebuild is about that much. If this is your first 'stroke, I highly recommend the dieselstop.com site, these guys will be your best friends if you need to find out anything about your truck. Good luck with it, and I love your bumper, now you need to make one up front to match.

6. JD657757

JD657757 LawnSite Member
    from chicago

what happened to the 2004 you had?

7. twj721

traded in on the 2005 Dodge , the 2004 Ford had 58000 miles on it the Dodge only had 36,000 miles on it plus it is a 6 spd manual and rated as a one ton . So far I love it the Dodge is a lot quieter than the Ford was . Guess that time will tell if the Dodge will hold up or not. I think that the Cummins is a bullet proof motor but all the engines would be great if they did not have to meet all the emisson standards. I think that is the one thing that hurts a engine's performance . twj

8. Espacesverts

Espacesverts LawnSite Member

What model is the scag? BTW very nice rig!

9. twj721

Thanks! The Scag is a 2006 Saber Tooth Tiger 31 turbo disesel with a 72 " deck

10. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

man i traded my 04 ford powerstroke for an 05 dodge and regret it everyday! the dodge gets so much worse fuel mileage, and has actually been in the shop more now then the ford!! crazy...and is alot louder then the ford to!