1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bought anything for the business you wish you didn't

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DLS1, Sep 3, 2005.

1. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

1. I bought some marker dye you put in backsprayer to see where you have sprayed so you don't overlap spraying. Big mistake. That stuff gets on your hands, on your boots, dogs track on their paws before it drys on the ground,etc.. Never again.

2. I have a pump 4 gal. backpack sprayer and then but bought a shurflo electric 4 gal. backpack. The battery weight of the shurflo is just heavy enough to feel you got a real load on your back with the 4 gallons of water. Put it on a small 2 wheel dolly to pull it around the yards now. Electric start button on bottom of backpack so that worked out okay.

2. Bought a Bronco sulky this year and hated it. Felt like i didn't have control and real bouncy. They took it back even though I had put it together and greased all the areas that had a Zerk fitting.

3. Bought Master Landscape Pro last year. Didn't want to spend the time to learn it so never used it. I got to spend some time with it this winter.
  2. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

A cyclone rake, I hated that thing with a passion. Fortunately, I got my money back for it after spending all day putting it together.
  3. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

a small 5hp chipper shredder. doesn't do the job i need it to. its easier to load the small branches up then to chip them.
  4. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

Homeowner grade equipment. A waste of money.
  5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

my stupid a** honda rear engine rider!! What the h*** am i gonna use that for? Using the engine for a go kart now!!
  6. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Yazoo/Kees mowers
    Toro 21" w/Suzuki
    Husqvarna chain saw
  7. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

Edgit attachment for trimmer. I need to put it on Ebay. It's been taking up space for a couple of years now.
  8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We bought large backback blowers for dealing with leaves on parking areas only to finding they are to heavy for everyday use. And they use a lot of gas, net net get smaller blowers and BIG 13HP WB Billy Goat if you want to move leaves.
  9. Anthony-MB

Anthony-MB LawnSite Member
    from georgia

Bought trailer thats too small ( 4x8 ), really need a 5x10 or 5x12
  10. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

echos and husqvarnas