Bought Blower: Now help on trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnkingforever, Feb 5, 2008.

1. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for advice on backpack blower couple weeks ago. I ended up buying the Husqvarna 145BT. This purchase though has thrown my plan of having the same brand of trimmer and blower. I really wanted to get the Stihl trimmer, which means a diffrent dealer and other side of town. Since I was at the dealer, he let me demo the Husky 326 and was surprised by the lightweight and torque. I always here everyone talk about Echo and Stihl trimmers, so I never considered anything else. How would this Husky compare to simmilar Stihl and Echo trimmers. Of course the salesman said it would but I need some other opinions.
  2. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

I used to use Stihl but they were hell on my back. I went with the Toros. Powerful and light.
  3. deason

deason LawnSite Member

Take the Husky back and get your money back. Go get a Redmax 7001. Then go shopping for redmax or stihl trimmers.
  4. brentcausey

brentcausey LawnSite Member

I've been in the business for about 7 years and love my echo string trimmers. My Dad, who also runs a lawn care business, went through a huge storm one day on the way to the lake to do some lake houses. He had 3 echos, 2 redmax and a Shindaiwa on his trailer. Only the echos would crank after he cleaned out the air filter and got the water out. If that doesn't sell them... I don't know what will.

5. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

get the husky 326 trimmer. mine have held up perfectly for 3 yrs now. best unit for the $
  6. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

husky 324lx- (honda 4 stroke motor)- nuff said