Bought Bunton WB with ZTR controls!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by naturescape, Mar 22, 2005.

1. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

I just purchased a Bunton WB with the ZTR controls. No more tired hands at the end of the day (i hope). Should take delivery in about a week.

I also demoed the Lesco with the same type controls, but that machine is no where near the fit and finish of the Bunton. And the Lesco gave me lots of trouble on turns, locking up a lot. The Bunton would execute a totally smooth turn.

You guys should check these mowers out. They are the same as the Jacobsen, sponsored link above.

It's an expensive mower ($5700 with a fixed deck) but hopefully worth it!

2. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

naturescape, what size deck did you get? Please post a pic of it when you get it. I have a 2000 54" fixed deck w/b, and have been pretty happy with it. Good luck with it.

3. naturescape

I bought the 48" fixed deck. I have complained on here about floating decks before. I will put antiscalp wheels on the front of the Bunton deck so it still won't scalp, at far less money. And changing cutting heights isn't a worry for me.

Has anyone else used the Bunton ZTR contols on the WB? If so, what do you think of em?

4. bbhlawn

bbhlawn LawnSite Member

If you don't mind my asking what did you pay for it? I was in the barbershop the other day and he was telling me about our local Bunton dealer offering 48" hydro's for 2 grand brand new. I was a little miffed about this, because I bought a 36" gear last season for 2200.00. Sure enough though Bunton/Textron has been bought out by Bobcat and they are clearing out old stock. He has some great deals on Bunton equipment!

5. naturescape

I paid $5700, that's for a new, (had to be ordered) Bunton with ZTR Conrols, 48" fixed deck, and 17hp kaw with electric start.

Most expensive walkbehind I've seen, but it looks the best to me.

Can't wait to use it!

6. naturescape

The dealer (commercial mower in livonia mi) had a couple of 52" float deck Buntons with electric start 21hp kaw's for $5000!

Too big a mower for my lawns and it wouldn't fit in my truck.

But you guys in the Detroit area should take a look at em.

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Actually Textron bought Bobcat quite some time ago. It has been years.

Some of the other Textron names are:

Bunton
    Ransomes
    Steiner
    Ryan
    Cushman
    Brouwer
    Jacobsen

All of these companies are headed under the Jacobsen name.
    http://www.textron.com/textron_businesses/industrial/jacobsen.jsp#1