Bought Husqvarna PZ5226FX Today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by danrclem, Oct 29, 2011.

1. danrclem

danrclem LawnSite Member

I bought a Husqvarna PZ5426FX today. I bought it for what I thought was a very good price. It is built extremely well, has a suspension seat and has independent pump and wheel motors. It has a 26 hp Kawasaki FX engine. I really wanted the PZ6029FX but there was quite a bit of difference in the price tag. I guess the dealer figured that he could move the 60" deck a lot easier. I looked at several brands and it came down to price and quality and I came home with this one. I haven't mowed with it yet but it seems to handle very well. I'll post some more information on my opinion after I use it a little while.

2. GreenGiant94

GreenGiant94 LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats on the purchase!!! Yes please do post more info once you have tried it out. And some pics would be awesome haha!! Im very interested in this model. The 60" model does seem more popular so id like to hear how this model does and with the different size engine. Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  3. crocs27

crocs27 LawnSite Member

Congrats, I got a pz6034fx this spring and have not had one issue with it. It's been a beast. Hope you enjoy

4. danrclem

danrclem LawnSite Member

5. danrclem

danrclem LawnSite Member

I posted pics in the post before this one.

I have logged in 1.8 hrs. on the PZ5426 and am impressed. I was mowing moist hilly uneven terrain and it handled the hills very well. The cut is good, the SS is great and the mower handles very well. The Kawasaki 26 hp engine is more than adequate. The mower is built very well and weighs in at 1260 lbs. I wanted the 60" deck but the 54" only loses 6" per pass so I don't think that's a big negative. I would rather have 24 tires instead of the 23s for traction purposes even though on flat ground it wouldn't matter. I don't think I'll be changing my first impression of this mower even after I put more hours on it.

If you don't have to have a 60" deck and you don't need the 29 hp engine then I think this mower would more than satisfy most people. I also think that if more people looked at and tried the Husqvarna PZ series that they would be pleasantly surprised.

6. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I'm surprised these machines haven't caught on more since they were introduced. It seems to me that have everything a quality commerical mower should. I'd be very interested in any experience you guys have with the cut quality in tough, lush conditions.

7. castlerockmo

castlerockmo LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats I have the 6029 love it
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Federal Lawn Company

Federal Lawn Company LawnSite Member

I hear ya on the PZ...I've logged abour 30 hours on my new PZ 6034, and I can tell you that I LOVE the thing. In my opinion, it's HANDS DOWN the most well designed Z on the market right now...and the price it RIGHT...$8499 down here in NC with GE Credit, 3 years, no interest. I'd recommend going with the 34 Kawi AND a Mulching Kit...I wouldn't cut without one...it is a BEAST, Y'all. Check my other posts...I've bragged about it so much, I think Husq should give me a commission! Check out the name in the pic...it says it all.

P1010001.jpg

9. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

I must say they look very well built!! Any cut quality pics? I would say anyone in this price range should check these out and compare to Bad Boy, Bobcat and Snapper Pro. We may have a winner.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. danrclem

danrclem LawnSite Member

I looked at the Bad Boy and it's built very well but I was leary about the B&S engine. The Kawasaki engine takes the price up quite a bit.

I also looked at the Snapper Pro and the only thing that I didn't like was the 10 gauge deck vs the 7 gauge of the Husqvarna. I don't know if that would make a difference long term or not but I was afraid to take a chance.

I really didn't take a close look at the Bobcat but everyone says that it's a good machine.