Bought me a new truck(F250)

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by J&A Lawn Care, May 10, 2008.

1. J&A Lawn Care

J&A Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I recently sold the 96 F150 gas truck and bought me a 01 F250 powerstroke.I bought me a 3000 series Kubaota tractor and a 16" Kaufman trailer and the F150 could tought the load safely.I bought this truck from the power comapany I worked for and it has been serviced to death.The truck has 249k miles on it but runs like a new one.I drove 200 miles on the highway came home pulled a 20ft trailer with the kubota about 50 miles total and almost another 250 miles total the last 3 weeks cutting grass and still had 1/4 tank of deisel.The truck gets awesome fuel mileage.The best part is that I only have $3740 in the truck

My F250 001.jpg

My F250 002.jpg

My F250 005.jpg

2. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Do they have another one like it for sale. Thats a pretty good deal, and the truck looks sharp.

3. J&A Lawn Care

I will check and see.They had 37 at the time and I think they sold all of them.I paid $3275 for the truck,$325 for the wheels,$40 for the chrome grill and $100 for the chrome tool box.The good thing is my dad works there and can look back from day 1 of the buying the truck and can tell you everything from light bulbs to major repairs and even how much fuel they put in it in its life.The truck has a dent on the bottom side of each door but cleans up really good

4. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

You did very good buying that. All the new ones are going to be looked back on one day as fuel guzzling hogs. Once they create a new way of meeting emissions without sacrificing fuel mileage then all the ones sold now will be worthless. I have a 02 Chevy Duramax and plan to keep it till it falls apart. I love that thing and it gets great fuel mileage and best of all it is paid for. I would not trade that thing on a newer diesel for nothing. Take care of it and it will take care of you.

5. Tim03

Tim03 LawnSite Member

Okay so are you saying you didn't paint it before you took the picture???

249k miles looking like that??? Damn that is a sharp truck!!! I would expect it to have the crap beat out of it for less than $4000.00.

6. J&A Lawn Care

I was actually thinking about getting it painted but after I put the wheels,grill on it I thought it looked pretty good.

7. fullmetalbucket

fullmetalbucket LawnSite Member

NICE!! I'll come down and give you $5000 for it!!! :drinkup:

8. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

That's a good deal you got there :)

9. westcoh

westcoh LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alberta

Thats pretty much the exact same truck I had and just sold actually. It was an 01 f250 XL reg. cab 2wd 7.3l powerstroke. Only repair work I ever had to do to it was a new water pump. I wouldve kept that truck forever if it was a 4wd.

10. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

nice but put that dark grille back on until you can get a crome bumper