1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bought my first "real" mower!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by miketull8, Feb 9, 2008.

1. miketull8

miketull8 LawnSite Member

Yes!! I just purchased a 2008 Quick 36 Samurai from Better Outdoor Products!! :usflag: I've got 3 feet of snow, but the mower is on the way anyhow! Just wanted to share my excitement! :clapping: Purchased a trailer (6 X 8) and will be on my way to pick up a used blower that I purchased from a member on lawnsite....When is spring again? :confused:
  2. RAW

RAW LawnSite Member
    from NC

Congrats!!!! They are great machines!
  3. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Nice - am thinking of going the same route myself with a Quick 32 or 36 this next season. So, if this was your first 'real' mower, what was your previous 'fake' one:) Don't be scared, I cut 3/4 acre lawns with a 21" Toro S/R last year. Got in great shape doing so, but may be time for an upgrade!
  4. miketull8

miketull8 LawnSite Member

I work full time....then after work, for "fun" I cut 8 lawns, a couple were pretty large lawns....it all started with Grandma, I took care of her lawn, then her friend, then her friends....friend etc....anyhow, I have a lawn-boy 21" commercial 6.5 (it does have the self propelled option)...a walmart string trimmer and blower....UGH!! Well this year I hope to get 15 lawns to do "after work", do you think I'll be able to handle it? I hope to mow 3-4 after work (I get out at 3:30) maybe 5? I am going to get a new string trimmer and hand blower.....Can't wait for the new mower to get here this week!!
  5. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Hope the mower works great for ya I am thinking about getting one too
  6. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

Congrats!!! Good Luck w/ everything!
  7. lawnbutch

lawnbutch LawnSite Member
    from Colo.

What are you going to do if it is raining when you get off work?? You better not make plans for Saturday!!
  8. poipuyardcrew

poipuyardcrew LawnSite Member

I just bought a Quick 36 as well to help with the big lots with hills my scag keeps sliding on. I'm looking forward to it arriving all the way to Hawaii.