Bought my first Shidaiwa, now need a little help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cutnitclose, Apr 29, 2005.

1. I have always ran redmax and I could pull the screen out of the muffler to help it run better, but I can't figure out where the screen on the Shin. is

2. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

Shin' prolly has a catalytic converter...don't know if they use a screen or not....also don't know how it would run if you put a regular old muffler on in it's place?!??

3. AndrewE

AndrewE LawnSite Member

What is it?
    My blower wasn't that hard. You need some needle nose pilers to pull it out from the inside. Hope that helps can't explain it very well.

4. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

take the muffler screws out and you will find a spring these units do not run like old shin.

5. Dstosh

Dstosh LawnSite Senior Member

Take all of the plastic off that you need to get to the muffler, If you have a trimmer, there should be a screw at the end of the muffler if you unscrew that take some needle nose and pull out the screen, its almost like a tube. On my blower it was just a little round screen. Good Luck

6. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

wht take it out now? just leave it in there until it gets clogged, then take it out. if your going to take it off anyway, here's how you do it. take the plastic cover off the trimmer, take the muffler off, take outer casin of the muffler off, and it's in there. it should be a rectangular mesh. a description should be in the owners manual.

7. thanx for all the info