bought my first walker today...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JShe8918, Oct 11, 2008.

1. JShe8918

JShe8918 LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a used 2006 walker mt20 with a 42" ghs deck. The total mower has 102 hours. It does not show any noticeable problems. The only things i noticed was.... hydros need adjusting (pulls slightly to the right). needs servicing and greasing, along with new blades. The other bad is it doesn't have the 9.5 bushel hopper and no low profile tires. I found my lines weaving down the yard will it be easier to make straight lines once the hydros have been adjusted? And roughly what do you think i should have paid for this machine. I have a feeling that i paid a little to much. Thanks and happy reading...
  2. johnnyusa

johnnyusa LawnSite Senior Member

Good Luck with Mower nothing better in my opinion. Sounds like its almost brand new, I would call walker Mfg. Give them the ser# and model# and they will probably send you out a couple manuals to help you out. They are nice to deal with and bruce and kyle are very knowledgeable.hope this helps.

3. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

You can also Go to Walkers site for online manuals for every machine they make.
  4. bakerc8

bakerc8 LawnSite Member

what size hpoer dose it have
  5. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

Congrats on your mower purchase and welcome to the Walker club. Be sure and check the air psi in the tires before you adjust the hydros {book calls for 15psi}. If you need a 42" mulch deck give me a P.M.
  6. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

How much do you want for it?
  7. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

PM sent. I do not want to jump on this persons thread.
  8. BarrFarms

BarrFarms LawnSite Member
    from Ne Ar

Congratulations. As for price somewhere around $6000-7500 I would think. That's probably low tho. As for the hopper you will be able to trim closer and if the you clear the object, the hopper will too. The 9.5 is too big for me, I have several trees with lower limbs and what not. Steering adjustment is easy, take a 3/8" wrench to the rod below the right steering leaver at the front of the machine, and loosen the nut at the end of the rod.
  9. LawnMowerKing10

LawnMowerKing10 LawnSite Senior Member

any pics of your whole setup?
  10. JShe8918

JShe8918 LawnSite Senior Member

Thanx guys. It has a few little fixers it needs a new wheels on the back of the deck and one below the hopper on the corner. Blades for these things... I just ordered from express mower parts 6 pairs of medium lift blades what do you guys run and do the blades rotate in toward the center or out toward the deck sides. I do not currently have any equipment pictures but this week is going to be slow so i hope to clean everything up real nice and take a few. Sorry for so many questions but roughly how much does a 52" GHS cost??? or is 20hp not enough to run it comforatably.