Bought my first ZTR !

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BBC, Sep 25, 2006.

1. BBC

BBC LawnSite Member
    from NW Ohio

Had a Cub 1862 that we bought in 1988. Had very few problems with it until about two weeks ago my son was mowing and the kohler let go. Broke a rod in half and screwed up the cylinder and the crank. But it was still running on one cylinder when I told my son to shut it down. I had to dish out $ 2,200.00 for a new motor (Magnum) or finally get a new ZTR. I wanted to go commercial just to be sure what ever I bought would last me a long time with proper care. I did alot of looking and testing and found a good deal on a Gravely 152Z with the 25 hp Kohler. A brand new 05 model for 5999.00 cash or 6199.00 with the 90 week same as cash. I will be picking it up Sat. I only mow 2.5 acres so I didn't need 60 in. deck. That was the second Cub that I have owned. I have never owned a Gravely before but it looks to be a very sound machine. Thanks all for all the posts and all the info. :usflag:

2. stanley2113

stanley2113 LawnSite Member

Post up a review after you use it a bit. I might be getting one after the first of the year and it will be my first one as well.