Bought my first ztr...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mike payne, Feb 15, 2002.

1. mike payne

mike payne LawnSite Member

I want to thank everyone for the advise on buying a new ztr. Today I bought a new 2001 Yazoo/Kees with a 52" deck and 25hoursepower Koler for 6600 dollars. I have 3 accounts that have large fenced properties, with 4 foot gates. I can get the 52" deck through their gates on an angle. The dealer also up graded the air filter, extra set of blades and an extra oil filter. I can't wait to start mowing again.

2. slplow

slplow LawnSite Senior Member

I think you are going to find that the 52" will not go through 48'' gates. congrats on your new work toy.

3. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

I think he's saying he can angle uo to the gate, make a turn that will put the deck through and the straighten up on the way through.

I have never done it with a ztr but many times I have gone through a 44 inch gate with my 48 WB.

GEO

4. slplow

slplow LawnSite Senior Member

The problem is that the rear wheel base is about 50" wide . You could make with a 52" wb doing it that way. becauce the wheel base on most 52" wb's are 40" 45".

5. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

Mike congrats on your new ZTR Rider. Hope you have much sucess with your purchase,youll increase production and it will be much easier on you.Good luck Marks Mowing Service