Bought my new truck today.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by qualitylawnmanagement, Dec 4, 2006.

1. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

Well today I went and bought a new truck cause mine was totaled after I got into a accident 3 weeks ago. I couldn't tell you how many trucks I went and test drove and out of all of them this one seemed the nicest to me. I am very picky at what I buy and want it to have everything I want in it or I won't even bother looking at it. I went and looked at some a couple hundred miles away that were cheaper but they were beat up and wasn't worth me paying for it. Well here is the verdict, I bought a 2001 Ford F-250. Below is a picture of it at the dealer lot off their website, I will take more pictures of it Thursday night or Friday morning when I go to pick it up. I drove it and it performed pretty well. My dads company uses the same trucks with boss 8'2" vee plows on them and they seem to push the plow pretty well. No snow plow for me this year since this wiped out my bank account, but next season she will have a new boss 8'2" vee plow on the front and a sno-way 9cuft salt spreader in the back:weightlifter: .

Details:
    Year: 2001
    Make: Ford
    Model: F-250
    Style: regular cab 8ft bed
    Exterior: White
    Interior: Gray 40/20/40 cloth seats with vinyl floor
    Engine: 6.8 Triton V10
    Transmission: Auto
    Drive train: 4x4 with shift on the fly 4x4 (knob in the the truck)
    miles:108,000
    List Price:$13,000 at the dealer lot
    Price I paid:$11,500

new truck 2001.jpg

2. qualitylawnmanagement

the front of the truck. Also has fog lights, I hated not having them on my last truck.

new truck 2001 front.jpg

3. qualitylawnmanagement

the back of the truck. I was going to put my DMI hitch system on this but its to much of a hassle to to put it on.

new truck 2001 back.jpg

4. qualitylawnmanagement

the interior of the truck. I love having vinyl floors, I won't ever go back to to carpet cause my guys spill pop and coffee all over the floor and never tell me so that is why I love the vinyl floors just wipe them down and don't worry about it. And also it has a bigger center arm rest with storage in it.

new truck 2001 2.jpg

5. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

Very nice! Sounds like you got a very good deal.

6. DAMSLandscaping

DAMSLandscaping LawnSite Member
    from Maine

Ive got a 2000 F250 and i love it! Great choice you wont be sorry! Congrats! i agree, vinyl is the only way to go! Its also great in the winter when your getting in and out of the trucks with wet snowy salty feet... Its a lot easyer to clean up.

7. qualitylawnmanagement

Thanks, I think I got a very good deal on it.

8. qualitylawnmanagement

Yea I like the 1999-2001 ford super duty's. Yea vinyl is the only way to go, if this truck didn't have it I would of kept on looking for a new truck.

9. parkeeee

parkeeee LawnSite Member

Very nice looking truck. Best of luck with it.

10. Ron's Lawncare

Ron's Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

if i was to get a ford gasser it would be the v-10 the 5.4 is gutless in that year range.