1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bought new Hustler Super mini Z today

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by DLS1, Jun 9, 2003.

1. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Mowerconsultant, I am glad I found this site last year and with your constantly answering everyones questions about Hustler mowers and plus all the other positive comments about Hustler from others on this site sold me on buying Hustler. Of course it still had to be a good product from my viewpoint but the icing on the cake was your answering questions about Hustler mowers.

I was going to buy the Mini Z and get them to throw in the free seat springs but wife was with me to look at the mower and wanted me to buy the Super mini Z with the confortable spring seat that was already on it. It is better than the springs they would have added on the mini Z. Plus got 2 more horsepower, better hydros for the speed and faster than mini Z. Needed wifes approval first since I am part time and it is alot of money but should have it paid off by end of mowing season.

My wife is short so she really liked the low profile to get on and off the mower since she will sometimes mow about 3+- of our 5 acres and I will do the commercial accounts. Wife also liked that springy seat.

Thanks again for your support on this site.
  2. grass lover

grass lover LawnSite Member

Congrats on your purchase. The grass wonÂ’t grow fast enough for you for a while I'm sure. You will have to post a review after you get a few hours on it.
    What did you end up paying for the Super? I'm still working with my local dealer and not having much luck. He hasn't gotten any new stock in and only has the full size Z's and two FasTraks. I did try your suggestion of asking him to throw in the spring seat or a set of gator blades, but told me that $6200 was his lowest price. Funny though, he did quote me the same figure of $6236 you mentioned from your dealers as well. Said that was his best price, but then came down a whopping $36. Sounds like there is some sort of standard "discount" price structure just to make us feel better about getting a good deal while letting the dealers make a fair profit. Smart business, but I would love to get my hands on one of the Super Mini Z demos people have been getting such good deals on.
  3. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I paid $500 more for the Super mini Z. I tried to get him to throw in gator blades in place of the free springs he was to going to give me with the Mini Z but he wouldn't do it. He said those springs don't cost him hardly anything but the gator blades will cost me $13 apeice I think. I have not picked it up yet or signed the loan papers.

I think I will buy the mulch setup ( $90 I think) which doesn't come with the gator blades but has one baffle for each blade and I think that is all it has.

I will be using the mower on some smaller yards that have flower beds,etc. so I don't want to shoot grass into beds.

I will give a review once I mow a few places with it this weekend.

I'm sure I will try to get customers to let me use it on any yard that doesn't have a gate.
  4. WLLD

WLLD LawnSite Member

I am not super familiar with the Mini - but I have an Quickchute on my Super an think it is a great investment. PJ recommeded it and I really like the way it performs.