1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bought plow for driveway, won't work

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by Lazer Man, Dec 5, 2000.

1. Lazer Man

Lazer Man LawnSite Member
    from SW Pa.

I purchased this plow to clear my drive but it is not doing a good job, see photo, I can't figure out the problem. It keeps tearing up things. Can any of you give me some good ideas on proper use. Any help would be appriciated.

[Edited by Lazer Man on 12-06-2000 at 03:19 AM]
  2. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know if anyone else can see it or not, but your photo isn't showing up. What kind of plow is it? And what are you using it on?
  3. Lazer Man

from SW Pa.

Got photo to work, know can anyone help with my problem?LOL
  4. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Thats an airport plow, no a driveway plow.

Do we have another guy that wants to plow residentials with a 16' plow?

5. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

Mmmm.... Makes my mouth water to think of all the fun that would provide.
  6. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 LawnSite Senior Member

You said that thing is ripping grass up??? REALLY?!?!? I don't know about the rest of you... but I smell a smart-@$$!!!! LOL

7. diggerman

diggerman LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

I think the first issue with snow is that it is to removed minus the driveway surface, this machine might have the tendence to be used more by those contractors who do concrete work in the summers,lot of curb repair after using one of these.But with the ability to wing back the out side blades there is great potential for a prosperous residential snow business, and the ability to also do sidewalks without ever getting out of the machine.So I suggest since you own this that you go right out and get a couple more and go to the nearest Trailer park and start offering to do individual drives at a cut rate because of the speed and efficency at which you be able to operate.
  8. Lazer Man

from SW Pa.

Maybe if I tried an urethane edge it might work better? I'm also having trouble getting the machine into my storage shed any ideas.
    Would taking the lights off the roof help?
  9. steveair

steveair LawnSite Bronze Member

Here's an idea,

Sell it to the airport I work at for 150k, what it is worth, and then take the money and hire 10 spanish laborers for the next century to sit outside your house to shovel your drive.

10. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

I think they are running rubber as it is in those photos, so get that off of there and buy some urethane, that will solve all your problems.