Bought the badboy mz today!

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Pooswa, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Pooswa

Pooswa LawnSite Member

The 42 inch with 22hp Kawasaki...thanks to all the people on here that gave me advice.. Bad news is I was going to pick it up tomorrow morning but now I have to go to work out of town for the day:angry:..but it's gonna rain all weekend anyway giving more grass to try it out on:).. I will post on this thread my thoughts on it as I try it out the first time and try to keep posting as time goes by..

2. MS_SURVEYOR

MS_SURVEYOR LawnSite Bronze Member

Pooswa! That's GOOD! I can't wait to hear your take on the MZ. It's bad wet here in Central Mississippi. Nothing but weeds growing. You'll have your day soon.

:drinkup:

3. Twoods196

Twoods196 LawnSite Member

Congrats Pooswa! Cant wait to hear what you think of it. Its also crazy wet here (North MS) Think were getting more rain tomorrow. Waiting for the rain to give me a break so I can do some spraying to kill the weeds

4. rl53103

rl53103 LawnSite Member

I had this unit for about 2 weeks and returned it ,,,,,,the cut is ok but it sucks gas horrible,,,,its only good for about 6-7 yards thats it !!

5. speedster

speedster LawnSite Member

I'm jealous. I really want a ZT and have researched the badboy mowers a bit. Their website says the MZ series starts at $2999. Mind if I ask what the Kawasaki upgrade costs? $2999 is stretching it for me already.

I've looked on ebay, craigslist, and in my local papers for a quality used ZT but just haven't been able to find anything in my range that doesn't have 2000 hours on it.

Other problem with Badboy for me is no local dealers. Closest dealer is over an hour away. I do have a Hustler dealer here in town but nothing in my price range there either.

I guess I'll have to look at getting a conventional lawn tractor.

6. Pooswa

Pooswa LawnSite Member

Well I only got one yard so im good:)

7. Pooswa

Pooswa LawnSite Member

Still haven't picked up mower ...mainly due to having a baby boy a week early(all good and healthy) and also we got 15 inches of rain in 24 hours so left hospital today and couldn't get to my house cause roads all flooded so until roads clear we are staying at the inlaws house..but hopefully by the end of week I'll have it in my garage..

8. pfcjs

pfcjs LawnSite Member

Well congrats on the birth, glad to hear he was healthy!

9. MS_SURVEYOR

MS_SURVEYOR LawnSite Bronze Member

WOW! The wife and baby boy come first! That GREAT! You'll have plenty for mowing once the waters recede. Mother and baby get settled in. And that South Louisiana Sun shines on that grass. Still ain't time here. Nothing but spring weeds. But you know, it's crawfish season! The Boy will be ready by next season for sure!

:drinkup:

10. Pooswa

Pooswa LawnSite Member

Snuck out of work early and picked up the badboy today.. Did a little small portion of my yard which is still very wet from rain early in week... So far very impressed with this mower cut looks great and had plenty of power in the wet grass.. More thoughts from me after weekend!!

And little jack is doing great!