1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Bought the badboy mz today!

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Pooswa, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Pooswa

Pooswa LawnSite Member

2. WilsonBoud

WilsonBoud LawnSite Member

I went to Congress Equipment because I was seriously considering the Ferris 3100. I needed a demo on my property because I needed to know how well, and how fast is would cut on my very rough property.

In talking to the salesman, he assured me that a demo on my property could be arranged.

I called on three more occasions reminding them that they had agreed to a demo on my property, and three times they said "Sure, we can do that". It never happed in a total of four weeks.

I called the Scag dealer (McGyver in Rayne) and, Southland Engine (in Lafayette), they jumped at the chance for a demo, and made it happen.

I went with a Scag Cheetah. A great cut at speed cut my cutting time from 4.25 hours down to 1.5 hours. I was both surprised and very pleased.

:usflag: *trucewhiteflag* :usflag:

3. Pooswa

Pooswa LawnSite Member

Mcgyvers is where I brought it this afternoon ..ya I'm not to pleased with congress equip..when they said a 4 week wait and then I looked over in there shop and somebody was working on there car! I mentioned that and they said he was on lunch! Not to much off a drive distance for me to go to Rayne so ill use them from now on if needed.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  4. Pooswa

Pooswa LawnSite Member

Mower fixed! Had a broken wire somewhere in the arm that I overlooked ..back to cutting tomorrow!

5. man00

man00 LawnSite Member

Glad you got it up and going again..

6. WilsonBoud

Hi Pooswa....

Looks like it was a quick fix, and not a two week waiting period. Wishing you great service.

One more cut for me and it will be time for the first oil change. I'm loving this stuff......

:usflag: *trucewhiteflag* :usflag:

7. Pooswa

Pooswa LawnSite Member

Thanks ...Wilsonbound do you know any lawn care service that does weed control and fertilization around our area?

8. WilsonBoud

No... Sorry. I don't know any lawn care people personally.