bought the exmark metro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cfosceola, Aug 8, 2003.

1. cfosceola

cfosceola LawnSite Member

Well I finally got my new mower, the 36 metro with pistol grips, got it for 2129.95, out the door. Man I love this machine, compared to what I was using,(dont laugh), troy-bilt 33 wide area mower. But it made me enough money to pay cash for it and not leave me broke. Now I need a sulky andhas anyone any experience with the micro mulch system or can something be fabricated to block the grass blowing out. All of my propertys have st. augustine and i dont want to triple cut the grass, especially with all this darn rain we have been having here in orlando. Any help would be appreciated.

2. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Mulch kit WELL worth it. Congrats on your new machine!

Only paid $115.00 for the mulch kit.

3. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with Nest.Only if he discontinues the mower on the bottom of his posts. The factory mulch kit and the blades are great for ST. Augutine. Enjoy your new mower.

Rhett

4. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Hey,A Troy 33 got you to the point of buying a metro.
    Never put yourself down,Plenty of others will do it for you.Keep up the hard work and soon you'll be buying another.
    Enjoy your new machine.

5. turbo6bar

turbo6bar LawnSite Member

Today, my brother and I bought a used Metro 36 with 13HP Kohler and pistol grips. We put a couple hours on it already, and it sure beats the old 33" Snapper rider mower. Ours has the mulch kit installed, and it works pretty well (it mulches grass at times when the Snapper couldn't even side discharge).

Do you like your jungle wheels? We just installed ours (Jungle Jims), and turning seems tough without the grip digging into your side. Maybe we aren't using it right.

We sure are excited to have this new mower.

Good luck.
    Jurgen

6. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Congrats on the new machinery fellas..............use them well...:)

7. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Who did you buy the Metro from?

8. cfosceola

cfosceola LawnSite Member

I bought it from Thrailkill off of Orange near sandlake road. I did take the oem blades off and put on gators, what a big difference. I have seen threads in here about doubles, what is the advantage/disadvantage. I would do a search, but its too early in the AM.

9. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

I;ve bought the mulch kits for 2 different Exmark mowers and they are well worth the small cost.

If there is one topic that has been beaten to death here on Lawnsite, its the subject of "doubles". Just do a search on that word and you will be reading for hours.
    Enjoy your new toy

10. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats on your new machine!! Its great readin members upgrading and making themselves more efficient.:)

IMO I dont think you have the HP to run doubles. Stick to the gators, probably all the lift you will need.;)