Bought the Husky!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by keegan99usa, Mar 9, 2004.

1. keegan99usa

keegan99usa LawnSite Member

OK
    After mulling it over and driving the Husqvarna CZ4815, I loved it. I loved the price most of all. $3800 with a bagger, 48" ZTR with a Kawaski engine. I know it's not a big commercial unit, but if I put 100 hours n it every year that would be a lot. I am replacing a 44" Kubota Garden tractor so I am excited to run this though some grass. Now I am looking for any reccommendations for blades. I would love to mulch, but I've heard pro's and con's about just switching to different blades or meg-mo's or??? Let me know what you all think I should do.
    Thanks
    Keegan

2. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Congrats Keegan99usa! I only owned 1 Husky (400 CC dirt bike bored .20 over.......talk about a monster!)
    Good luck with it. (baby it, and won't really need luck)

3. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

Congrats. I think you should try different blades to see what you like. Different grass and cut heights all play rolls in how your cut looks. I have used high lifts, regular cheap blades, and gator blades. I am now running doubles with the high lifts and gators and love the cut i get. If you have the monsy to spare you could try the meg mo but be prepared to spend $200.
    I cant do it right now but all the the posts I've read about them owners are loving them.

4. keegan99usa

Playboy
    You mention "highlifts" and "gators". Is there a certain brand? Or is that the brand? I can get blades through a dealer at work her, but I need to know the manufacturer and my size. Which blade do you put on the bottom if you double it up? And I assume you put them at 90 degrees to each other. Anything besides torque holding them at that 90?
    Thanks
    Keegan

5. keegan99usa

Wow
    I was hoping for more responses to what blades would be good. I think I will add a striping roller too. I work at a fab shop so the sSS roller will be no problem. Just fab a bracket to replaace the anti-scalp wheels?
    Keegan

6. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

High lifts are a type of blade. Husky should have there own. Gator blades are a name brand and there are many knock offs out there. I have the gator magnums which are just a bit thicker. Yes when running doubles you put them 90 degrees to each other. As far as which one on top or bottom is trail and error for your machine.
    If your going to run doubles just torque as you would any blade. Tight but not super tight. I like to allow my blades enough slack that if i hit a rock or stump the blade will move a bit. Now i'm not saying I have mine loose, I mean I don't put them on super tight with a breaker bar or anything.
    Not sure of what the Husky looks like so I can't comment on the antiscalp wheels.
    How much can you get the roller for?

7. keegan99usa

I will make my own. I pay minimum for the material and labor is free. About the only thing I really have to pay for is the bearings.
    Keegan