Bought the Stihl BR600 today. I have a Red Max EBZ 8000. Heres what I think.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnMower, Nov 28, 2006.

1. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I know, i use the 600 over the echo everytime:laugh:

2. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Time will tell the better blower.

3. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

i only get ~1hr out of the huge tank on the redmax.... its a gashog no doubt.. My echo 43cc backpack sips gas in comparison. I can use that for lawns all week on the same tank, and its much less gas than the redmax tank. I think 45oz fuel compared to what 80oz for the redmax?

Even leaf cleanups, i fill that big redmax tank and hell it feels like 20 minutes ago you gassed up and the thing is dying on me already:confused:

4. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

If you do the math I bet you are using less gas with the redmax because you will get twice as much done in half the time.:laugh:

5. John Gamba

from ct

6. JW Lawn

JW Lawn LawnSite Member

I am on my 3rd week with my br600....Its running better with every tank. I ran yesterday for 5 hours, when i was almost done pulled out my 755.....There was no comparison, the 600 is a much stronger blower.:weightlifter:

7. John Gamba

from ct

The 600 is a nice all around blower.

8. Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf LawnSite Senior Member

We are running three of the units now and I think you said dead on.

9. John Gamba

from ct

We are expecting some sort of snow tomorrow. I have already thought of using the 600. I wish i had a 8000 just in case its gets heavy:weightlifter: :weightlifter: :waving: :laugh:

10. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Well Lawnmower,

I don't have experience with the 8000... but do have over a month of experience with the 8001, which is similar but not the same.

Personally, I would have to totally agree with you about the airstream between RedMax and the BR600. I gave up on trying to explain it to people. The BR600 does have a more directed air stream, and it does move air the same speed.

So in some situations it is very hard to tell the difference in "power" between the two... depending on what your definition of power is. For light blowing and stuck stuff blowing it's real hard to tell a difference, and in some situations I prefer the more directed air stream at the same speed.

HOWEVER, although the BR600 may move the air at the same MPH in a smaller stream and seem as powerful.... it's just not. It doesn't move anywhere near the amount of air volume.

When you are just starting a job, even if the leaf cover is extremely heavy, with the 8001 you can just hit the throttle, and if you test it by just walking straight forward, you'll find you can clear a swath atleast 5-6 feet wide as fast as you can go with it.

In some applications the BR600 seems as powerful as the 8001 due to it's pinpoint airstream, but it's really not. This will become evident to you once you start to move really large piles of dry leaves.

In the end, I'm going to order the RedMax accessory nozzles. Then I'll be able to direct all those extra CFM and the air speed will probably go to 220 or more too. This will come in handy for a few things here and there, like stuff really stuck to hard surfaces, ect....