Bought this on ebay

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ColePyck, Mar 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColePyck

ColePyck LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

2. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Not bad I guess. Scags are beasts, should last you a long time. Personally, I wouldn't have paid more than 800 for it, being a belt drive. But like I said, tough machine, will make you your money back in no time.

3. BrianK10

BrianK10 LawnSite Senior Member
    from usa

I agree.

4. charlies

charlies LawnSite Senior Member
    from earth

when i was looking for a mower that would fit through the gates on a number of our properties, we initially thought that a 36" would be perfect, as many of the gates were 3 feet wide. ah....not so. fortunately, i took a tape measure with me. the decks on 36" mowers are wider than 36". it is the cut that is 36", not the outer width of the deck. we got a 32" metro. everyone was so happy to get rid of the freaking murray push mower.

5. Green Care

Green Care LawnSite Senior Member

Go for it not a bd price.

6. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Just wondering, if you bought it for $1,150, why is the highest bid listed as $1,126 and reserve not met?

If you bought it from the seller without going through the ebay bidding process, that's a big no, no. Against the rules.

7. ColePyck

ColePyck LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

are you kidding me? Call the ebay police on me buddy, don't answer my question followed by questions of your own. I was high bid at 1126 he offered to sell it to me for 1150.

8. Darryl G

Look punk! You've got a lot of nerve telling me what to do. I suggest you and all the other newbie brats learn your place.

I hope the think is a piece of crap and dollars you to death, running you out of business.

9. ColePyck

ColePyck LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

right.....the G is 3 keys over on your keyboard too, sir. I hope to hire you someday too, or just buy you and make you wash my equipment and vehicles.

10. Darryl G

Punk. Sorry about the typo. Get over it.

You're comments were rude and totally uncalled for, especially from someone who is new here. You need to learn to respect the established members here and not freak out and tell people what they can or can't do just because they ask a simple question.

FYI- I wasn't trying to hassle you. I was just confused, since it didn't look like there was a winner bidder, and the way you worded your post (shes will sell it to me for 1150) , it wasn't clear if you had bought it or not.

BTW - The ebay rules are there to protect buyers and sellers. What are you going to do if the deal goes sour? At least if you go through ebay you have some protection and recourse if the deal goes bad.

A public apology from you would be nice, but I'm sure you're not man enough to admit that you were wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.