bought truck w/ utility bed

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by jay12, Feb 2, 2011.

1. jay12

jay12 LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

here is a pic of the truck I bought, curious to see how we like the utility bed, I bought a set of wheels and a front bumper for it today, so it has potential haha, but its ugly for now. and another pic plowing, and new shop building. Let me know about how you like the utility bed from those of you who have them, Im interested to see how it works out

IMAG0020.jpg

IMAG0008.jpg

IMAG0005.jpg

2. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

Used for track maintenance?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. jay12

from KY

Yea, it was a rail road truck, loaded up with lights and all. Seems to be a good truck, I bought a set of stock Chevy aluminum wheels for it.160k miles. We are going to mow with it for now.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  4. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

A local dealer here has a few, just not sure about the beds on them.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

looks nice,congarts.thats a kool truck.

6. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

My first truck that was dedicated full time to my mowing business, was a
    1 ton with a utility bed. I did not have a shop to store supplies, so the bed was really handy. I liked all the storage space. The big drawback was that it was not very useful for hauling off brush, clippings etc., as the sides were too high to easily toss stuff over into the bed.
    I think I had enough spare parts and supplies on that truck to totally rebuild any of my mowers out on the job.:laugh::laugh:

7. cutbetterthanyou

cutbetterthanyou LawnSite Bronze Member

I love my utilty bed truck just wish i got one 4wd so i can plow with it. I put tools, fuel, 2 stroke oil, weedeater string, weedeater, blower, bbq grill, cooler, extra coat, boots, roundup jug, sprayer, and fert in mine. What i really like is that i now don't have a junked up cab. The bed is 4x9 on a singe rear wheel f350 so i still fine it usefull. Right now it has a transfer tank and a pallet of salt in it. You'll love it.

8. QLM

QLM LawnSite Senior Member

That looks like a great truck.

Mine is an F350 with a long and tall box like yours but on the passenger side and a 3 yard dump in the middle. That long box should hold all your trimmers and edgers, I have got 5 in mine now. the tall box holds two bp blowers couple saws. You will love it.

9. jay12

from KY

I never thought about the large box for bp blowers, but that is a good idea. As far as the bed goes, I think we will like it. It beats cluttering up a pick up bed anyway. If its in the truck tool boxes you know where it is, vs me wondering which trailer or tool box it is in. Im pretty excited about getting to use it. Ill just be glad when I can get the aluminum wheels and stock bumper, and get rid of the lights on top. As far as plowing, I agree, I wish it was a 4wd to plow with, but I will probably atleast be able to spread salt with it. They arent pretty but they are practical.

10. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

Keep the pics coming of the shop build!