bought truck w/ utility bed

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by jay12, Feb 2, 2011.

1. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

The truck looks AWESOME compared to how it looked before! Also thats going to be a really nice shop when it is all done!

2. jay12

jay12 LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

Space above the office is for storage. Ceiling is 2x10 on 16" centers with advant tec boarding on top. Won't support tons of weight but will be good sized for storing boxes, seed, etc
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. newjerseylandscaping

newjerseylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Haha after i asked i looked at it again and my imagination got the better of me. I pictured a few plows and 2-3 salters sitting up tucked away for the summer. :)

4. jay12

from KY

Few more pictures I have gathered up
    Thought you all might enjoy the picture of my little one on the mower, rest are just phone shots.

IMAG0112.jpg

IMAG0098.jpg

IMAG0100.jpg

IMAG0129.jpg

5. jay12

from KY

A few more

IMAG0105.jpg

IMAG0110.jpg

IMAG0215.jpg

6. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

i bought a 97 f350 w/8' utility this past winter as a backup plow truck. i was going to buy a bed for it and swap it out...but now i love it. it has a few bottoms that need replacing in the compartments but i keep everything in it. its my favorite truck and it only cost $1500. granted it has 260K but she has a 7.3 powerstroke. i drive it more than my 08'

7. KE-llc

KE-llc LawnSite Senior Member

all said and done what do you have into the truck if you don't mind me asking?
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. jay12

from KY

Supercuts- I couldnt agree more, Id rather drive it than anything I own, it drives good and its handy to have saws, air compressor, hedge trimmers , shovels and tools and they arent in the way.

As for cost of the truck, I got a great buy on the truck, sold the original wheels and tires for good money, and traded work for the bed liner and bumpers.

So lettering, wheels and tires, bumpers, lights, and new body tow mirrors (just added) Maybe 35- $3800. And I love it, Id like to have two more just like it for that price. Only complaint is about 7 mpg all the time.

9. KE-llc

KE-llc LawnSite Senior Member

where did you get it if you don't mind me asking?
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

Any pics of the shop all finished up?