Bought two new mowers - just because

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by naturescaretaker, Feb 19, 2005.

1. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

I guess I am a sucker for a good deal. I was at our Bobcat Dealer on Friday picking up a MT52 for a song. As everything was loaded on the trailer when I mentioned mowers and needing a different trailer configuration for more space. The BC dealer mentioned that his boss was driving through and dropped off a pair of demo mowers and told him to get rid of them. They are a multi state dealer so I thought... what kind of junk is this. We walk back to see them and there sits two Great Dane mowers. A Hydro 36" WB (22 hours) and a 48" Super Surfer (36 hours).

The dealer looks at me and tells me that he is just suppose to get rid of them. I look at the price on them and say is this right? Yea.... that's it. Selling them at cost. I look at the hours and hand him my credit card and say OK. So on Monday I have to go back and pick them up since I did not have room on the trailer for them with the Bobcat.

I really don't need them.... but you never know. I may want to expand again in the future....... :angel:

Oh yea.... the WB was $2069.00 and the SS was $4030.00. :cool:

2. aries

aries LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

Sounds like a great deal I am not to familiar with them but that price why not!

3. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

What's the interst rate on that credit card? ;)

4. naturescaretaker

0% for 12 months...... that's why I used it. JD Credit promo.

5. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

I hate you Brian :D

Pistol? Ah sh!t, for that price, how gives a rip? That's exactly what I've been looking for.

6. naturescaretaker

Pistol..... loaded and ready to go. The hours on the machines were run up going from the shop to their front yard for display. Neither have ever cut grass. :waving:

7. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

What's an MT 52..............and did you just purchase that also?

8. naturescaretaker

Here's the MT52. Combo Bucket, reg bucket, pallet forks, auger with 2 bits. $14.4 with 36 hours. Demo unit.

MVC-017S.JPG

9. naturescaretaker

Here are the attachments. In the other picture is my 20 X 20 deck I am building this weekend.

MVC-020S.JPG

10. naturescaretaker

Here's another shot of the auger

MVC-016S.JPG