boulder teris

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by JTS Landscaping, Aug 24, 2005.

1. JTS Landscaping

JTS Landscaping LawnSite Member

i am bidding on a job need to take out a wood retaining wall its 8ft x 9ft.
    then grade so that is slopes and theres not a drop off then they wont a boulder teris in the are. there will be between 27 boulder to do it. wondering how much you guys think would be a good price the place in getting boulders from is only 4miles from job. i was thinking around $3300. anything would be helpful

2. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

I'm having trouble picturing what your describing.

Your going to remove a wooden retaining wall, grade it, and then build a boulder retaining wall...Or are you going to grade it into a smooth hillside, and just place boulders up there?

What do you plan on grading the hillside with? It would be alot easier with something with a 6 way blade, or even using an excavator with a I-beam.

3. JTS Landscaping

JTS Landscaping LawnSite Member

going to grade it to a smooth hillside and place rows of boulders to make different levels. was going to use my bobcat with a bucket but excavator does seem a little better

4. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Your going to want to use the excavator to dig out the terraces as well. And if your decent at it, it would be good for rock placement.

Your looking at around $200 a day or so for an excavator.