Lawn Care Forum banner

Box truck and vehicle wrap?

4K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  Lawnworks 
#1 ·
Does anyone run a Isuzu or something like that with a box truck to mow out of. Something like what bass landscaping runs?
Do you have a full vehicle wrap( not just vehicle lettering) on it?
I ran into a chimney sweeper today with a full wrap on a ford van. He said it was amazing what kind of response he has received from the wrap.
I was just wondering if anyone on here has the same set up?
How it is working for you ? Do you like the the box truck set up?
I really think it would be great. I live in a cookie cutter so called house with really no storage. I figured it would be a great way to store my equipment and get free advertisement to boot. I was hoping to leave the truck at a busy commercial business too.........Maybe give them a discount or free cuts to part the truck there.

#2 ·
Yeah that would be great. . . . . .until someone calls the zoning board over you operating a business out of your house and parking a commercial vehicle there. I know my neighbors would be Pizzed

#5 ·
Most municiple codes have ordinances in residential zones about commercial vehicles of a certain size/weight. Commercial vehicles of any type are generally not allowed, especially if the look like a commercial vehicle (Lettering).

They also have sign ordinances in which most cases this doesnt apply to a lettered vehicle which is why you see these on the sides of road (Technically its only a parked vehicle) Now if you park this vehicle in your neighborhood you are likely to get a violation. Check your local municiple codes before you do something like this...I would hate to see you have to rent a place to park after you have purchased a vehicle.

#6 ·
Hmm... I run my business out of my house, perhaps the law there is different.
Perhaps nobody has reported you yet, or you dont live in a subdivision? The laws vary from state to state and from city to county.

#7 ·
I was planning on parking the truck at a commercial business ........retail store that is located at new mall area. I wanted to get exposure from it in return give them a free cut or at least a discounted one. Lexington is known for its race horses. The people that run the trucks that ship the horses for breeding in the area sell advertising on the side of there box trucks.

#8 ·
Reason #352 not to live in the city. :usflag:
just because you live in the city doesnt make you immune from being able to run a business out of your house.

Most neighborhoods have restrictive covenants. I live in the county but live in a neighborhoods with covenants. No business shall be run from a house.

#10 ·
I am with you on liking the idea of the Isuzu styled box truck. I have thought about it alot here recently what with my truck getting up there on miles. The advertising would have to be great. It's a real attention getter. Not to mention the convenience of keeping everything on board and out of the weather.

#13 ·
Do you retards not realize that its not just the city limits that you can encounter a problem taking a truck like that home. Most subdivisions have restrictive covenants. Taking a truck like that would violate most. You can be taken to court for a violation to your neighborhoods restrictive covenants. I know damn well I would not buy in a nice neighborhood to come home and look at something like a huge box truck with a vinyl wrap on it. Crap like that belongs in commercial areas, your big tract of land in the country and the trailer park.

#14 ·
Do you retards not realize that its not just the city limits that you can encounter a problem taking a truck like that home. Most subdivisions have restrictive covenants. Taking a truck like that would violate most. You can be taken to court for a violation to your neighborhoods restrictive covenants. I know damn well I would not buy in a nice neighborhood to come home and look at something like a huge box truck with a vinyl wrap on it. Crap like that belongs in commercial areas, your big tract of land in the country and the trailer park.
thats why you get a spare lot and put a rv garage on it.

#15 ·
#17 ·
If I get this truck it will be parked at a local retail store. There will be need need for checking zoning. The guys that have nice enclosed trailers did you get more customers from the advertising on the side as you did when you started out with just a open trailer?

#19 ·
i have a client that did it for his ac company so it is possible even if you have to have it attached to the house like he did.
Thats a rarity right there. Would never fly in most high end neighborhoods. Even most mid price neighborhoods wont even allow a boat parked in the yard.

#22 ·
WOW :dizzy: You southern folks seem to have a lot of restrictions. I'm north of the border, and we don't have those problems. I have a box truck, and it's great to work out of, and it's wrapped too. I also pay to wrap a few city buses too, as they are out there for 18 hours a day, 7 days a week. I've had great feed back from them too.

#23 ·
Thats a rarity right there. Would never fly in most high end neighborhoods. Even most mid price neighborhoods wont even allow a boat parked in the yard.
I am now a 30min ride from where KTO lives and he is rights South Carolina is filled with zoned restricted neighborhoods it is sick the real estate market in the Hilton Head Beaufort area is falling from grace very quickly however in Beaufort there are many failing business that would allow a lawn truck to be parked just to get a free cut. Chic Fil-A even has a wrapped truck parked in the parking lot. :)

#24 ·
I am now a 30min ride from where KTO lives and he is rights South Carolina is filled with zoned restricted neighborhoods it is sick the real estate market in the Hilton Head Beaufort area is falling from grace very quickly however in Beaufort there are many failing business that would allow a lawn truck to be parked just to get a free cut. Chic Fil-A even has a wrapped truck parked in the parking lot. :)
Its not really the county that is posing restrictions. Its a subdivision thing.
I actually agree with the fact that most subdivisions will not allow businesses to be run from the houses. I did not buy an expensive house to live next to some trashball or have the plumber move in next door and sore washers and dryers and pipes and all his work trucks at the house.

#25 ·
I think to make your isuzu billboard work you will have to have several other types of advertising as well. They all work together. I rarely get calls by people driving past one of my isuzus that are wrapped, but when I give estimates or people call me they know I am not a mow joe b/c they have seen my trucks around town etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.