1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

box truck ramp

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by bflower, Feb 20, 2007.

1. bflower

bflower LawnSite Member

I am currently trying to design and fabricate a bi fold ramp for my isuzu nqr box truck. would like to avoid a dovetail design due to rear end swing and bottoming out. anyone have close up pics of the spring assist unit and overall design? thanks for any and all help!
  2. Seacoast

Seacoast LawnSite Member
    from Maine

Bflower, Do a search in the pictures forum on this. I know there's lots of pics of box trucks/ superlawn trucks etc...Try searching VICTOR, as I've seen pics of his box truck w ramp(don't remember if he has a dovetail or not though)

3. bflower

bflower LawnSite Member

have researched extensivly and looked at the usa and handi ramps as well as others, and the posts, in need of some close up pics of the hinge and spring setups so i can get to welding! thanks again
  4. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

5. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

My ramp is removable and not on the truck right now. I'll get pix when it is on, but it might be a while. It is being work on.
    But is is a bi fold without the dove tail and one spring that assists it. One person can easily lift the ramp. It is all in the placement of the spring and how much tension it has. It also has a support foot so that I can run my z-spray up it with fertilizer and water in it without a problem.
  6. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't have my Isuzu anymore. I sold it last Dec. It looks like Turf Hokie has some good pics of his rig though. The only pics I have are in the picture forum.
  7. green_mark

green_mark LawnSite Senior Member