Box trucks anyone?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by jajwrigh, Nov 9, 2006.

1. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

Anyone use a box truck with a loading ramp for your mowers etc, instead of the traditional truck and trailer setup? There was a guy on here a few years back that had a setup like I just described.

2. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

3. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

What kind of engine does that have? What kind of gas mileage? Do you use it for lawn maintenance? It looks like overkill for maintenance, and more toward landscaping. It looks like it could haul a good sized bobcat.

I have an NPR set up the same way. Great maintenance truck. Do you ever have trouble w/ your guys hitting stuff w/ the dovetail? Mine have banged ours up pretty good.

4. ParkerLM

ParkerLM LawnSite Member

We use a Isuzu Npr 14 ft. Box with the dove tail and love it. Hey Lawnworks how have you been. Here's some pictures

5. ParkerLM

ParkerLM LawnSite Member

6. hoyboy

hoyboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Chicago

7. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

50k for a truck w/ 100k miles?? I think that is a little too much... especially when an Isuzu motor might never reach 200k.

8. fastlane

fastlane LawnSite Senior Member

I have a alu.body stepvan. Rollup rear door. Much lower than a pickup truck.Takes 5-6 secs.to put ramps in or out. Holds everything. I have not used enclosed trailer all year. Gets about 8-9 mpg. Much easier than pulling 24' trailer. Can park in any driveway.

9. cclllc

cclllc LawnSite Senior Member

No,but I leaning that way soon.

10. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

I like the 14' with dovetail setup. What is the going price for something like that?