Boxvan

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ksland, May 25, 2003.

1. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

What do you think, not catching grass clippings 10' by 6.5' box mowing crew 1 or 2 guys with 48" wb (s). I can fit trim mower, 2 48"'s, and all necessary small power equipment in it. Red paint job and lettering? Too silly? or will it work good? A simple split 6' gate for the back can be made easily.

cubevan.jpg

2. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

Plus it will make a great billboard.
    I have been thinking along these lines myself. No trailer! I like that part a lot. I just mow and trim some farm sites for now and I have an old bread truck I have thought about using this way.
    I too have wondered about the silly thing.:)

3. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

I know this is weird but it just occurred to me that operating a Z would be a great job for some one who is wheel chair bound. You get a delivery truck like a bread truck and you take out the driver’s seat. Then you fix hand controls up to the van and drive the Z right up to the steering wheel and you are good to go. Some kind of wheel clamps to hold the Z in place. Electric ramps and doors. A trimmer carrier on the Z. Has any one ever seen this?

4. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

That's a great idea!

How much is that going for?

Good luck and tell us how it goes. :)

Thanks,
    Chris

5. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

6. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

There is a gentleman here that is wheelchair bound. He has a hoist on the ROPS to lift him from his chair into the mower.
    He has a young guy do the trimming.
    The idea of the van with a pass through, would be great for him.

7. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

there is a LCO that cuts a few houses down from me with a van like that. It's basically their shop on wheels. they can leave everything inside and lock it up and its out of the weather too.

8. ZX12R

ZX12R LawnSite Senior Member

It's basically their shop on wheels. they can leave everything inside and lock it up and its out of the weather too.

You can do the same thing with an enclosed trailer and there is the factor of very low cost insurance.

9. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

Found these two images from another thread.

Forget it. Can't get pic to load.

10. grasscatcher2k3

grasscatcher2k3 LawnSite Member

Been there, done that. It works out great if for no other reason than your gear is protected from weather and people who think they need your stuff more than you. Looks good.