1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Boy did I get the stink eye Saturday

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Moe Fish, Jun 14, 2004.

1. Moe Fish

Moe Fish LawnSite Member
    from Fla

I got up early loaded up my Kubota Bx and went over to moms and mowed for her. Noticed a big mud hole in the drive so after I got done mowing and cleaning the gutters I went back to get my box blade to fix that. As I am pulling out of her hood I see a lawn care co pulling in and the three guys in the truck are giving me the stink eye big time for working in “their” hood.
  2. WoodBrothersLC

WoodBrothersLC LawnSite Senior Member

Guys around here do that to. All they're doing is checking out their competition. We just go about our work and be the bigger men and don't give them those nasty stares. If we're in a neighborhood where there's a lot of other companies we make sure that we take a little extra time on those lawns so that our customers know their getting the same service the other companies provide. (We still give the same good service to our other customers in the neighborhoods w/o that stiff competition).