1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Boy do I ever feel better

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CMLLawnServices, May 15, 2003.

1. Do i ever feel better, I was doing a property tonight , (made a stupid rookie mistake) it is a very large chicken farm , and i get done and drive the Z on the trailer and the guy says "you have to cut back there", and I say where? he says "behind that barn" and i say its" 2 feet high!" he says its just grown up and he said "when you gave me the price i said around the barns too", well i said I thought you just ment the part that was regularily cut, but i said ok reluctently and cut it down, it was a $40 ( about 25 yards wide and 200 long between the bush and the barn) job i had to do for nothing, but i soked it up, and i got the Z back on the trailer and who do I see go by: The scrub who under bid me by 15 bucks an hour on $35000 worth of tenders, with the 15 year old Honda W/B i looked at last week for $1500 , its a real beater 15 years old 13 hp single cyl, 48" cut and the blades were scrap. the guy said he wouldn`t go any lower than $1500, to me I offered him $500 for it:rolleyes: I thought that i had it hard loosin 40 bucks to-nite, this guy took a bath on this one.:D o well its his first peice of commercial equipment.:cool:
  2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Too bad you're not able to see the repair bills that will be accompanying this one during the season, as well! :cry: