Boy this sucks!!

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Gatewayuser, Sep 8, 2005.

1. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

Boy this really sucks! I was driving down the road today and as I went around a curve I saw my tiller fly off my trailer( Yes It Was Strapped down too) it rolled probably 30 times. Snapped the carb and gas tank off, took a chunk off the engine block, severely bent the tines, wheels, handle and chain box. I guess its time to get a new one, what would be a good tiller to get?

2. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

well i dropped my snow blower 2 times last winter new wheel and axial every time.

3. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

troy built damn near bullet proof. Mine is a 1977 horse model w/snow plow. Still runs and tills. :D

4. UNISCAPER

UNISCAPER LawnSite Bronze Member

Baretto, best tiller in the industry. Can grind rock into dust. BCS, second best tiller in the industry.

5. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

I've rented a Barretto trencher twice. Wasn't impressed at all either time. I'd hope their tillers are better.

6. UNISCAPER

UNISCAPER LawnSite Bronze Member

Jon;

Their trencher litterally blow chunks. I used one once based off the reputation they have with tillers. Other than the 4 wheel drive version, (a two wheel machine with 4x4 if you stand on the drop axle to contact the dirt) the things are worthless.

The tiller, man if you can try one, check it out.

7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

The big bucking bronco with that old-style Kohler, I love that thing.

Them other boys sound like they be driving too fast.

See I used to tie my stuff down cauz it would come lose because of my driving and it would piss me off! All that time spent tieing down, then STILL worrying about it all until one day, the old man solution hit me:

The Old man solution:
    Since I'm almost 40, I'm an old man, see? Yeah, and you KNOW the old men who drive with the trailer ALWAYS drive real SLOW, don't they?
    Yup, they SURE do!

I thought about it and started watching old men, and how they did things, and then it clicked:
    1) Drive niiiice and slow, waste less fuel, less brakes (most the time, coast to a stop), tires last longer, man it's a bonus all around.
    2) Don't spend as much time securing crap, you're not driving like an idiot no more.

So I don't even tie my stuff down, that's why I used to have to drive so fast is because wasting all that time in the tie-down procedure. It takes MINUTES to tie something down and the MOST you can make up driving REAL fast vs. my old-man slowpoke is a minute or two at MOST.
    So, you gain TIME, you work LESS, AND you save MONEY.

Ok, on the Wb I set the parking brake and see ya. On the tiller, I got this rope with hooks wrapped already around the front of the trailer, just hook each end and see ya - Drive niiiice and slow and nothing ever moves, I can drive with my wheelbarrow sitting upright on its tripod frame in the trailer and it doesn't tip over or move one inch. That's the ticket!

You gotta love it, them old men's pretty smart, that's how come they always got all the money.

8. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Mine is worse. It has the 7 hp Tecumseh engine. Complete junk. But I do have the snow plow for it and the furrow attachment. Won best tiller at the show last year at our local farm show. It ran today for 2 hours at the farm show.