bp blower...no Redmax around???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mdw, Apr 22, 2003.

1. mdw

mdw LawnSite Member

Looking for a backpack blower. Having trouble finding a Redmax dealer around (north of Pittsburgh). Do I consider the Shin because I heard they have the same motor? Should I go with the Echo 650/750? Or do I hunt down a Redmax dealer at all costs?

Thanks
    Dave

2. ULTIMATE LAWN

ULTIMATE LAWN Banned
    from AL

The Echo 650/750 outblows the RedMax by a narrow margin. One of the local dealers sells both & we did a side by side after a 3 tank break-in.

The diff. is minimal but I ended up with the Echo's.

3. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

MDW...

Go with the Echo PB-650...you will never look back! Unbelievable power and pretty quiet as well. I tried the RedMax 7001 at a dealer open house this spring and my PB-650s blew it away.

PLus, it is very important to have a good local dealer!

4. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

There are a NUMBER of others on here who say the Redmax 7001 is the top dog blower on the market, beating echo, stihl and shin by at least a little bit.. And if you do a search and really tally it up, there are LOTS of Redmax people out there..

But if you are buying the TOP-Notch machine from any of them, then apparently the difference comes down to what and where you are blowing compared to someone else in another location......

So even though I love my Redmax, if you have close by dealer support for another machine and Redmax you can't find anywhere around... Then the answer is obvious..

Gary

5. contra

contra LawnSite Member

where north of pittsburgh are you from. i'm really close to the wexford exit off 79.

6. www.rpm-co.com who said no red max there, you have it right here, Captdevo.

7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

PB 650!!!

res755.jpg

8. owman

owman LawnSite Member
    from so. Il

MDW, Have you checked out the Redmax website? There is a dealer locator on it. It will give you the nearest dealers and the miles from your zip code. www.redmax.com