BP Blower Purchase

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LCRIII, Sep 23, 2004.

1. LCRIII

LCRIII LawnSite Member

Part timer here. I have and can handle a dozen or so steady accounts. Encore Z34, Redmax string trimmer and hand held blower. All my lawns are small residential with a lot of trees; mostly live oak and pine. I am thinking that a backpack blower will be a great addition, espically with leaf season on its way. The hand held just wears me out. Local dealer has the Redmax EB4401 for $299.00
    This is in my budget, I just put one on lay-a-way. Hope to pay it off next month. Hope it makes a big difference. Your thoughts?

LCRIII

2. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

See if you can at least bump up to the 7001. For the extra little money you will more than pay for it in time saved. Figure these blowers last at min 2 years of hard use you figure doing it part time you will get at least 3-4 years. divide the price by that and you will see it is rather insignificant compared to the time you will save, especially during the wet season when you are trying to move wet leaves from the turf.

3. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

I just picked up a new Shindaiwa RB630 on Ebay for 379.00 flat. I love it.

4. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Lcr, save your money for the 7001 or even the 8000.. The time you save will be more than worth the extra $$$... Trust me, a blower ain't the place to be saving $$$. I've got a Stihl 420, which is probly a little stronger than the ebz4401, and it isn't even powerful enough for me.. If you can, demo them back to back and you'll see why most on here go for the biggest, baddest blower money will buy.

5. Blueangelfightr

Blueangelfightr LawnSite Member

I have to agree before I bought my EB7001 I tried out the same blower that you want. The 7001 is heavier but it makes up for it in performance. If you test the two out you will seen a major differance even without it being broken in.

6. LCRIII

LCRIII LawnSite Member

Thanks all. That is the type of advise I am looking for. But wont the EB4401 be an advantage over the hand held HB2300?
    LCRIII

7. meathead1134

meathead1134 LawnSite Senior Member

I got a echo 750 delivered to my house for 424.00 off ebay that thing is pretty kool

8. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

if you dont mind me asking

how much did you pay for your encore 34z and how good is the cut and ride

9. cutnedge

cutnedge LawnSite Member

Lcr,
    While the MPH on the handheld and the backpack may be comparable, the
    volume(cfm)of air being pushed out between the two ain't even close.
    Think about it: a can of compressed air might crank out an impressive MPH,
    but how well would it perform on a driveway or a pile of wet leaves?
    Do yourself a favor--get the backpack and never look back.